Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

The Morning After The Night Before...

I was writing (and re-writing) a piece on Miles Davis yesterday. My writing day started at around 6.45 a.m. on Monday 4th and only finished on the morning of the 5th at around 2.30 a.m.

This is how the desk looked the morning after the night before...


...Whichever way you look at it, that's a whole lot of Miles behind me!

My body clock being what it is, had me up and out of bed at 6.30 a.m.  So today I've been running on about four hours sleep.

This way of working may not be especially efficient but it is how I work and I embrace it for what it is. Reading the piece over before sending it off is always a tense affair. Aside from correcting obvious blunders, there's the growing realisation that if you started afresh, you'd get closer to nailing it.

Instead I took a walk with my son Tom to the lighthouse and back and cleared my head...



And in a complete change of pace and style I'm writing about Pat Metheny...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin