Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Wake Up In New York

After a not very good few hours sleep I dragged myself out of bed and took the air on Columbus Avenue...



 






 

The air was lovely and cool - perfect for browsing at a street book sale...







Checking out of the hotel a couple of hours later I met up with Giacomo Bruzzo, head honcho of Rare Noise Recordsand Bob Belden - whose name will be known to Miles Davis fans the world over. Bob's work on those marvelous MD box sets is something I've admired for a long time. More recently, his album, Transparent Heart by his Animation outfit blew my socks off! We met for a coffee gabbed for a couple of hours then walked to an eaterie on Amsterdam Avenue and gabbed for another couple of hours...





Sometime after 7.00 p.m. we left the restaurant with Bob heading home, and Giacomo and I waiting to hook up with Graham Haynes and head off to New Jersey. I looked up into the sky and saw what I first thought was smoke from a fire. Bob informed me it was a flock of birds. 



 Despite being utterly jet-lagged I managed to stay awake until we got to our hotel New Jersey sometime around midnight.  Oh how I suffer for my art...


1 comment:

Steve Clark said...

I guess you won't have seen the latest Doctor Who, but keep an eye on any statues around NYC ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin