Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Back In New York City...

The view from the office this morning...

Today was the first real rain we'd experienced. Driving out from Woodstock bound for Newark...



Happily by the time we arrived at Newark airport it had stopped. Time to say goodbye to the team...






Then onward and into NYC...





After saying goodbye to Paul, Graham and Giacomo, I took in the views from my hotel...





After settling in I cabbed it uptown to rendezvous with Ian McDonald, one of the founding members of King Crimson. Over a cup of tea we chatted about a few things including King Crimson...


A couple of hours later Ian waved me off into the night and I took myself on a brisk stroll back downtown to 8th Avenue where I was billeted for the evening. It was wonderful walking through New York on such a balmy evening, seeing the place teeming with life and energy. There are so many contrasts to be seen, sometimes within the space of a few footsteps. Looking at it through the wide-eyed perspective of a tourist I only really saw the good stuff although I know full well how grim things can be.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin