Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Blast In Brooklyn

This morning we checked out of the Turtle Brook Inn. Along with the luggage I was now carrying four HUGE mosquito bites to my big bald head. Everyone was too polite to mention the angry flared pustules that poked up through the skin. Or maybe they thought it was an improvement but didn't like to say! I'd got the bites after visiting a nearby restaurant the previous evening...



A bleary morning for me as the cars arrive to take us to Orange Sound...


Load out at Orange Sound Studio...




Bill Laswell drops in to say goodbye and good luck...


 Into Brooklyn...







And into Shapeshifter Lab owned by Matt Garrison...









At the gig I had the opportunity to meet DownBeat's John Ephland and Leonardo Pakovich who runs the very fine Moonjune Records. Although social networking finds lots of common ground between people in different parts of the world there's really no substitute for putting a face to a name.

After the show I paid a visit to Roy Powell's Brooklyn office - the Canal Bar, where the wifi is good and the beer is better...





I bailed in the early hours leaving these two guys on the go...


2 comments:

steven said...

bill laswell drops by! steven

Frank Black said...

Real beer?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin