Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, June 09, 2012

It's Turned Out Nice Again V

Starting the day again on the corner of Avenue Georges Clemenceau and Jean M├ędecin...





 After breakfast and another bout of gawping at passing folk we went a-wandering enjoying the sights and sounds...




We were intending to see a Brassai exhibition in this splendid art-deco building but had missed it by a couple of days.


However, we figured out that we weren't too far away from the Chagall Museum and so set off in search


The view from the hill...






Eventually we ended up at the museum and decided to refresh ourselves before engaging with the art..




Despite there being rather too much of Chagall's biblical epics (which don't really do that much for me) we enjoyed the visit, especially the biographical movie in a custom-built theatre with stunning stained glass windows...



Back outside to sit in the wonderful gardens...




and then back down the hill into town...








What I love about Nice is the way different styles seem to rub along next to each other without apparently clashing; an exciting mix of old and new; grand and dilapidated...
We came to Nice without a plan or agenda of what to see. We took a very basic street map from the hotel and simply went wandering about to see what was around the corner. This lack of imagination or ambition would probably drive most folks mad but it suited us down to the ground.


At the airport and through one of the most relaxed security transits I've ever come across...



Oh dear. Bad news. Our flight has been delayed somewhat.


But we didn't care. Debbie and I are pint-half-full types who take such first world problems in our stride. As a result she was able to get more of her book read and I took to writing a bit of fiction that's been worming away in the back of my brain for a while. That said when we got through the front door at 1.30 a.m. we were glad to be back home.

2 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Hi Sid,long time no see! : )
I have another pc so I can try connect again with interesting people as your self,I love to see your photos again too : )
but if I want to follow you on the Facebook thats is not possible cause I do not know the cause : )
greetings from Holland and me
Aleksandra

Sid Smith said...

Hello there aleksandra - lovely to see you again. I thought we were already facebook pals? I certainly recall seeing lots of your fab cloud photos. Anyway, a wave from Whitley Bay to you too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin