Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

It's Turned Out Nice Again II

The temperature is around 26C in Nice today (much as it was yesterday) and Debbie and I are enjoying a leisurely stroll about town. Today we ended up in a square named after Garibaldi...




We were heading to the Musee d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporain...


They allow photography here...


and the making of documentaries...


I'm a bit of a fan of Yves Klein's work, so it was wonderful seeing so many of his pieces in the flesh as it were. My poor skills as a photographer means I was unable to nab a decent snap of the intense velvet-like blue which Klein used to such vivid effect. The difference between what my eye saw and what the camera can handle was striking. I kept double-taking between the display on the screen and the real thing.




 The roof of the building offered some lovely views of Nice...




There's a Yves Klein garden on the roof as well...




and a couple dancing the tango in the courtyard below...





Time for a drink...


and then a walk down to the port area...




into an antiques centre by the port side...




It never fails to amaze me how fast things that were once considered cutting edge technology become antiquated...





Walking back around the coast towards the town centre we were totally suprised by the scale of this monument...


We walked along the sea front in the ferocious heat. Only mad dogs and Englishmen said Debbie.









A wander around the bars at night...



4 comments:

Tim Sokell said...

Looks like a wonderful place (avoids the use of the word 'nice') You've captured some lovely images Sid.

CBQ said...

Looks great Sid - Debbie looks to be having fun too - good you're getting a break! I love Yves Klein too - go IKB!!

Sid Smith said...

Hi there Tim - as usual it's got nothing to do with me. We roll by and I snap a snap.

Sid Smith said...

hey there Mr.CBQ - really enjoying our time here. It's a lifestyle I could get used to.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin