Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Train Of Thought

An early start once again. A consequence of getting older; light and mornings and full bladders cannot be put off or shied away from. The upside is that I get to see things like this...


On my way into Newcastle I was suddenly struck with a memory of my father. More accurately it was a memory of a photograph of him taken when he was a young man that I've not seen for a very, very long time. I have no idea why it should have popped out of the recesses of my subconscious like that.

It then prompted me to try and recall what he looked like the last time I saw him the 80s. I could summon up all kinds of details such as a detailed image of his hands, as big as shovels, that could strike as unexpectedly as summer lightning. But not his face.

Then the moment was broken and I was back on the Metro watching the suburbs go by.

In Newcastle and heading you-know-where. I do like this approach...





I'm not the only one who likes snapping this bit of town...


Through the portal to a better space and time...



In the spot as another guided tour takes place...




Following the purchase of a pair of modestly priced headphones in Schiphol airport last week, I spent the time at the Lit & Phil listening to music and writing about it. No leakage at all to those on the table around me.



An improvement in productivity for sure although it means the Lit & Phil's haven-like status and a place to think things through rather than listening to music is potentially threatened.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin