Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, January 02, 2012

Bauble And Slightly Slack

This morning we went along to see Bernard and Lesley, who were keen to draw my attention to their Christmas tree...


"Very nice and festive as trees go" I said wondering what it was I supposed to be looking at. Then it became clear...




Knowing of Bernard and Lesley's interest in King Crimson, the Fripp bauble had been custom-built for them as a little present by their daughter Verity's partner, Matt. I wonder if he's taking orders for next year?

Time for a spot of lunch...



As we munched and chatted away, catching up on some significant news, Debbie spotted this in the back yard. I had no idea what it was and thought oversize gonks might be making a comeback...


Apparently it's a rabbit belonging to their other daughter, Errin.


After a marvelous meal then some more chatting...



2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Gonks and baubles, great stuff, Syd. What a talented family - these friends of yours - with an eye for the unusual. That rabbit takes the cake. And I've seen some rabbits, Australian born, in my time.

Sid Smith said...

Hello Elisabeth,
thanks for dropping in. They are all a talented bunch to be sure. I thought the rabbit was a stuffed toy until it started hopping around the yard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin