Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, November 18, 2011

Zappa Plays Zappa Plays The Sage

A day spent catching up on things that had built up while I was away. In the evening however, Bernard and I were thrown together once more as I had to go to The Sage in Gateshead in order to review Zappa Plays Zappa.





A good gig I thought although Apostrophe(') isn't one of my particular favourites from the Zappa legacy. I wasn't entirely convinced by the need to have Frank himself projected on the big screen and joining in with the band. It seemed to me that both band and Dweezil's soloing stood up on its own merit. I have mixed feelings about some of Zappa's work but hearing this music live is exhilarating particular when it's so well executed. Bernard saw Zappa a couple of times in the 70s (I never did) and he declared the gig to be top notch overall.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin