Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Album Collection

Chris Wilson did a spot of tidying up on my website for me. It came as a bit of surprise to see how many sleeve notes I've done in recent years. Whilst I enjoy writing sleeve notes for all the albums I get to do, there's a particular thrill to being asked to do ones which you either owned or had a deep association with as a teenager.







A couple of days ago on Twitter and Facebook I asked folks how many of the albums pictured on these pages they owned. Back came one reply: 51. 51! That's quite an album collection indeed. So Blog chums, how many of these fine records reside in your collection?

6 comments:

Kevin said...

8 IS THE ANSWER

David Jennings said...

A measley three, I'm afraid, in the editions with the famous Smith Sleevenotes. Plus one that I own in the original vinyl, and three more that I have downloaded (legally) in part.

p.s. something weird about the RSS feed on your blog, Sid - not sure if anyone experiences the same thing - but this post from 12 July only appeared in my feed reader on 24 July. This seems to happen regularly: no new posts in the feed for days or weeks, then a block of (in this case) 22 in one go...

CBQ said...

aaargh! I can only manage a paltry 43...

Martin said...

20. Most of them belonging to my creative DNA.

Sid Smith said...

Hi folks all perfectly respectable scores!

David - it's not the rss feed that's faulty. It's me. Lately I've let things slide (as Nick Lowe might say) and have been uploading new entries by the kilo. So, a month goes by and nothing and then a whole bunch of back-filled updates comes along.

matt said...

Ten so far.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin