Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, April 11, 2011

There Goes The Son

Tom and I went up to Newcastle Central Station to wait for his train to pull in and take him back to university. Rather than wait on the platform and risk becoming human ice sculptures, we had a tasty beverage in the nearby Cafe Overpriced...

Tom is in good fettle having just bought a straight razor off the the internet. He tells me it's so he can shave in a retro style.

I shudder at the thought of a straight razor being in anyone's hands other than that of a qualified and highly experienced barber of good repute. Tom has no qualms, such is the confidence of youth...

Time to say goodbye to Tom until the next time...

Meanwhile, outside, the Portico Quintet...





As Tom's train left, I took advantage of being in Newcastle by going to the Lit & Phil...

arriving here sometime around 11.30 a.m., I stayed until 6.45 p.m. writing sleeve notes and thinking about a couple of approaches to a project.

2 comments:

RobinSlick said...

I have serious Newcastle envy.

And I love the story about your son and the razor.

Sid Smith said...

Hey Robin, don't worry. I have serious Philly envy! If you ever get over to this part of the UK I'll be pleased to be your tour guide around this tiny city.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin