Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Basement Dwelling

This morning I swapped this view...

for this one...

Then over to the Fulham Palace Road and a certain cafe...
I was there being filmed for a documentary about classic albums. This one was about In The Court of the Crimson King. Down in the basement, the small crew set up in a tiny space made even tinier by the introduction of a false wall.

It's hard to think that a four musicians, their lights and lyricist man, and a mellotron used to squeeze down into this space...


The presenter, the talking head, the producer...

After two and half hours we were done. I'd been asked to frame some of the events and provide a bit of a chronology, as well as some thoughts on what the band means to me as a fan. I assume my contribution will number in the low seconds.

Which is exactly as it should be.

Although Kings Cross was packed...

but the train is wonderfully empty all the way back up north...

Time to do some work...


Out there, somewhere, home awaits...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin