Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, April 26, 2010

Getting Back Into Gear

It’s never easy getting back into gear after being away. It’s not just the jet-lag (although that is a killer at the moment), it’s that sense of slipping back into one’s old skin.

The break from one’s daily routine is welcome enough for restive purposes of course, but it’s also an opportunity to start afresh, a way of making a break and avoid slipping back into old ways and habits.

Not being up to doing much today work-wise, I took myself out for a walk and thought about what I’d like to do differently in my life, and why it might a good idea to try and embrace some changes.






4 comments:

Tim Sokell said...

As Bobby Thompson would say... "Never gan back tiv work the day after ye've been off!"

hectoria said...

and did you go into the Rendevous? I cannot walk past even though the coffee is unlike any I have had anywhere else.The draw is the decor & the Tunnochs wafers.

Sid Smith said...

Hi there Tim,
it's just been a slow easing back into being back in Whitley Bay. And thanks for the bit of Little Waster Zen!

Sid Smith said...

Hello Fiona
they were just opening the shutters for the day when I was down there otherwise I would've been in for cuppa. Tunnocks are my favourites as well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin