Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Happy Birthday Debra

It's Debra's birthday today...


It always seems a shame that you have to go off to work on your birthday, so Debra is trying her best to put on a cheerful face whilst she waits for tonight's present opening.

This morning I worked on a couple of reviews but came to a standstill. Sometimes one can have too much of a good thing.

Then it was out into the blue yonder with Tim. We headed up to Silverlink and following the closure in Whitley Bay, now my local branch of M&S. He was buying underpants and I was buying sparkling wine (or champagne as we used to call it) to go with Debra's evening meal.


I ended up buying a bottle of something from New Zealand and paying two quid more when I realised the first bottle I picked up came recommended by the Daily Express.

Anything recommended by the Daily Express is to be avoided no matter how cheap or bubbly it is.

After this sortie, Tim kindly drove me to the Fish Quay in North Shields where I was hunting for something suitable for tonight's birthday meal. It had been a glorious, sunny day but then the sea fret came rolling in...





1 comment:

Tim Sokell said...

I'm hoping you'll have sorted out that sea fret by the time we move down there Sid...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin